Thursday, March 12, 2009

Big Girl Bed



Lulu fights EVERYTHING that has to do with her being a big girl. She is still wanting her Paci, won't pee on the potty and insists on a crib. I am not buying this "I am going to still be a baby". She is going to be 3 in a few weeks.

So, we went to the store together to get a mattress for her big girl bed. I left it in the garage and when Simon got home he decided tonight was the night. We put her bed together and I said that we might need to leave her bed up and then gradually move her into her big girl bed. Simon's response...... "Are you going to baby, the baby" Real rich coming from Simon......

Mr... "Daddy it is 2 in the afternoon and I want my paci, ok Lulu, anything you want Lulu." real rich coming from you.

She was totally into it! She loved it. We then put her to bed.... She was fine and then she started calling me and Simon. I went upstairs and she was hiding in the corner behind her rocking chair. Great, just great. She will be out of her Big Girl bed and driving the car around the neighborhood just because, tonight!




Simon went to check on her just now and he stopped on the walkway upstairs and yelled to me with the biggest smile.... She is sleeping under her covers like a real big girl.




All I can think..... FOR NOW!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

lauren and brad said...

WAY TO GO LULU!!!!!

You've got a fan here in oklahoma rootin' for ya, you BIG GIRL!!!

debi g said...

that is be best smile ever! yay for being a big girl!

trish said...

awesome!! what a big step, i hope she continues to do well with the big girl bed! i remember that when i was younger the best thing ever was when my parents got me a cool tent thing that went on top of my bed. it had popples on it. i could pretend i was camping but was really still in my own bed :)

Erin said...

yay Lulu!! very exciting!!