Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Columbus Visit

The girls and I went to Columbus last week to visit my sister Katie, her husband Tim and their new baby (7 weeks old) Harper Leslie. From here on out we will refer to him as Pingu. That is the name that Ruthie named him as soon as Katie told us she was pregnant. She said.... "You will have a boy and you will name him Pingu" Well 1 out of 2 is not bad.

As usual..Ruthie was a baby monger. Wanted to hold him every minute of every day. Couldn't get enough of him. Lulu would not have anything to do with holding him. Loved playing with her Annie (her Bitty Baby) and putting Annie in all of the baby stuff, swing bouncy seat, etc.

We had so much fun also visiting with my old co-workers from the good old days. It used to be Planks, and BW3's and now it is pizza playdates and home by 8:30. My how times have changed.

I also got in some much needed retail therapy at my favorite little stores in my favorite old neighborhood. And I was managing along just fine until Ruthie asked if we ever had to leave Columbus? And why did we have to go back to Michigan? Um... It is called Employment and your father talk to him!

In fairness to Michigan I would like to stick up for it by highlighting some things I noticed while on my trip....
1. There is less traffic in our small town. (Columbus is the 14 largest US city. According to Simon) i should really look that up, but I have alot of posts to get through.
2. I would be 50 pounds heavier than I am now if I lived in Columbus due to the fabulous restaurants, ice cream stores and fun bar/pubs.
3. There are much better shops there and I would be broke or be mad that I didn't have the money to shop so that is good.
4. Believe it or not, I would really miss my simple life that I have here. And my good friends that I have made.
5. I really like my church here, and I didn't like my church in Columbus.... Granted, I bet I could find one I did like, 14 largest, but let's not dwell on that.
6. Simon loves what he does, and his job is here. Simon's happiness = my happiness.

I plan on making that trip alot more. It was not a bad 4 hour drive. (2.5 Disney video's) and I need to take advantage of the freedom to get out and go while I am not entirely tied down. The girls really did have an awesome time!

No comments: