Thursday, March 12, 2009

Toy Box



While taking pics of the big girl bed... I realized that I have never spotlighted the Toy Box that Lulu got for her 1st Birthday from her godmother Bridget. Lulu's godmother Bridget is a long time family friend, Bridget and I were raised almost like cousin's.

Bridget is like a fairy godmother. The girls love her, she is one of their favorite's. She usually comes to visit several times a year. And who really chooses to come to visit Michigan? She comes along on our family beach vacation in the summer and is just a totally awesome person.

When Simon saw the toy box he started crying. It is amazing. Such an awesome gift. So thoughtful, and creative and something she will have forever!

**************Yes, Lulu's name is Lucy Martin Bisson. Simon chose the first name, I chose the middle. We switched, Ruthie I chose the first name he chose the middle... Ruth Catherine Bisson. Lucy, cuz he loved it.. Martin after my brother who I adore.

We never actually intended to call her LULU, not in a million years. Although, Ruthie started calling her Lulu and it totally stuck. When we tried to correct Ruthie and make her say Lucy.... It came out as HUSSY...... So clearly....Lulu is the lesser of 2 evils.....

Lulu it is.... For music class, for gymnastics. I even signed her up for Pre-school as Lulu. She refused to answer to Lucy. So Lulu it is....................

WELL LULU OR DUDE...... YOU DECIDE!!!!!

4 comments:

lauren and brad said...

I call her dude.

What a treasure of a gift.

trish said...

what a precious toy box! so cute about her name. dude and Lulu are equally lovely :)

nicknames are very important! my full name is Patricia but I refused to answer to it in school-I only answered to Tricia. I got in trouble in second grade for ignoring the teacher because she called me Pattie.

Andrew said...

Simon crying adds nothing to this story since that happens quite frequently.... :)

Leslie said...

what a cool.cool.cool gift!!