Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A story to make Debi proud......Or any camp person proud!

This morning while talking to Ruthie about getting dressed for school.........

Ruthie: "Mommy, maybe I can go to bed at night with my school clothes on then I won't have to get changed in the morning!"

Man, I like the way that girl thinks...

I totally knew my "sleeping in my clothes" would take the world by storm one day. I couldn't be any more proud.


****For the "non" camp readers.... Back in the day, I was the QUEEN of sleeping in my clothes. I due to laziness, thoughtfulness, resourcefulnees, etc. (you fill in the blanks as to what I could have been up to...) I would sleep in my clothes, that way when the flagpole bell would ring....I would only need to roll out of bed, attend flagpole, go back to my cabin, take a shower and still make it to breakfast. That extra time that sleeping in my clothes alotted was PRICELESS!!!!!!! Seeing as I was at camp for 7 years, all that saved time has really made a huge contribution to my overall happiness.


****Another reminder for the "non" camp readers...... I worked at camp from the time I was 19 to the time I was 26. Clearly, beyond the time of sleeping in one's clothes. Again, I am so proud this way of thinking is taking the world by storm!

4 comments:

debi g said...

HAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! love it! she is almost ready for those crazy nights at camp! that is awesome.

although she is planning ahead... we were just lazy/drunk. ha.

Anonymous said...

that is great, and so you and if that is an indication of things to come you are in big trouble!

Leslie said...

as a *camp person* who stood at that flagpole with you for one summer, i have to testify that i never, not even once, suspected that you had appeared in front of me in clothing you had slept in the night before. but then again, i constantly showed up to flagpole in my pjs so....who am i to judge?

trish said...

i concur with leslie! i never knew your "secret" :) and yes, i am totally guilty of pjs to flagpole/breakfast. the best part of my second summer was watching the new counselors get all dressed up and look cute for flagpole the first week or so...then they learned :) those extra minutes of sleep are priceless.