Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Scenes from a Michigan Winter.....

Measurement taken on the table on our back deck. This is the snowfall in the past 2 weeks. Although, I am Totally certain that this is not entirely accurate as we have had some sunshine that has melted some of the snow and is causing the icicles.




This is from the temperature gage in my care taken while I was in the drop off line for Ruthie's school. This is just the temp and clearly not the wind chill which was unbearable.




I like to try and keep everything as upbeat as possible and try to find the silver lining but.........

ENOUGH OF THE SNOW AND FREEZING WEATHER ALREADY!!!!!

HEAR ME! ENOUGH!

This winter is just simply crazy! I feel like it is always snowing, my noise hairs are on permanent freeze, and my poor car (who is not even old) makes this horrible whining sound every time I turn it on as if to say (Are you flipping kidding me? you want me to drive in this?) We haven't even seen the cement on the street in our development in over 3 weeks. They just don't plow back here so literally, you just have to deal with driving over everyone else' tire marks until the road is even snow! Yuck, Yuck, Yuck.

To top it all off, I weirdly react to the cold. For example, while out in the cold for any length of time, I get HIVES. yes, you heard me. HIVES. My entire face and neck get to be this horrible hot temperature and itchy and for several hours, or even days (when skiing, or sledding for a very long time) I remember going to work in Columbus and people could tell if I took the dog out the night before from the red face and neck. I am just over it. As I was walking to my car today and slipped and made a spectacle of myself in all the snow, I was all loudly "SERIOUSLY, I AM DONE WITH THIS.....ENOUGH" Not too weird as I am positive this is not going to be the last time I talk to myself loudly in public. I am sure I made the guys in the barber shop day as I trip in front of the shop on the street and start yelling and talking to myself. Whatever.

I feel better already, I had to just get that out!

3 comments:

trish said...

i've had enough snow too! i'm ready for spring, i don't remember winters being this bad since i was a kid...

debi g said...

i am kind of ready for spring. but i could do with one more snow day... during a school day that is and we get off. stupid weekend snow!

Leslie said...

i hope you guys get some kinder weather soon. i'm sending some of our 60 degree days to you right now.