Today ranks up there with one of the most horrible experiences as a mother so far.
Lulu woke up complaining of a backache. (not normal for a 2 year old) and a fever of 102.5. When asked to point out where it hurt she pointed to right where her kidney's are. Called the doctor, brought her in, she WOULD NOT go pee for a sample and therefore the had to put in a catheter. It took 3 adults to hold her down, all the while she is screaming like I have NEVER heard her scream in my entire life, I don't ever want to hear that again. The doctor next to me a gentleman of Simon's build says to me.... "That is one of the strongest kids I have ever seen"..... Yeah, well wouldn't you put up a fight if that was being done to you?
Long story, this has been an on-going thing and they are doing a full culture of tests, she is on antibiotics and on Monday, they will need a fresh sample or it is back to the catheter. Well obviously I am going to avoid that at all costs. We went to Target she picked out her very own potty that plays music when she pees, got brand new panties. There have been promises made of her very own "Pretty Princess Panty Party". Like Ruthie did when she finally peed on the potty. Since this is not the first time of bribing her to pee when she clearly has had a problem she downright refuses to go on the potty at all. I was just giving it time and figured she would come around on her own, but clearly I will need to have an intervention with her because nobody wants a repeat of today. The poor girl is totally traumatized and is miserable.
Lulu's new throne. What girl doesn't want a Princess throne that play's music when you pee?
While at Target however, Ruthie felt left out of all the excitement and therefore I told her she could pick out a new pack of panties if she wanted. Well she picked out Lightning McQueen. Because quite honestly what girl doesn't want Lightning McQueen? It was really a toss-up between that and Spiderman, but Lightning won out. I tried to explain that boy panties fit differently than girls and she may like the feel of hers (easy way around the topic but there is a time and a place for that talk and it certainly is NOT in Target). I finally exhausted by today's festivities threw my hands up and said fine, Lighting it is. Ruthie came home and couldn't wait to put them on. For her sake, I am only going to let her wear them on days that she doesn't have school. Lord knows, she will be showing them to everybody she knows and I don't want the girls at school to start talking.
Lightning McQueen - what girl doesn't want Lightning McQueen panties?
Seriously, NEVER A DULL MOMENT!
4 comments:
that is a horrible day!!! and what panties did you pick out to lift your spirits?
Oh Molly. I feel so bad for you and Miss Lulu. We went through the exact same catheter experience with Bella while she was potty training. I hope Lulu is feeling better and Monday is a better day for both of you. I'll be thinking about you!!
oh my goodness! poor thing. what a trooper... the new pink potty is beautiful though.i hope she feels better!
i can't believe they put her through that much pain+trauma! next time, ask for ativan...if anything, you can take it! :) the panties + toilet are hilarious. and i'm glad she's feeling better.
Post a Comment