Sunday, January 11, 2009

More Snow Days

Yes that is totally a bottle of BOONE'S

What did you do today Simon?

Oh, I built a fire in my neighbors backyard and decided to sit outside and cook hot dogs and drink beer like it was 90* yet it was 10*!!!!!

Seriously!



So, we had a babysitter scheduled since, I was supposed to be out of town this weekend, and obviously since the snow was out of control, I couldn't get out of here. (Another blog, for another day). Simon and I decided to keep our sitter and we were going to go to a movie, or out to lunch. Well, we hit the snow this morning to sled for a little bit, and Simon and our neighbor, (ALSO A FELLOW BUCKEYE, I FEEL IT IS IMPORTANT TO POINT OUT) thought, why not try and build a fire in his fire pit, in the crazy cold and snow. After they worked on it for almost 2 hours, I delayed the sitter for a little bit, then she arrived. I made some homemade cookies took another cooler of drinks over and we proceeded to pay a babysitter to sit and play with our kids, while we sat in our neighbors backyard, drank, and cooked hot dogs and pretended we weren't freezing all while enjoying Simon and Mike's handy work.



Is it safe to operate a sledge hammer after consuming Boone's


Once the girls warmed up and Andrea tired them out, we all went sledding again and then had a communal dinner. All in all it was a wonderful day. Just wish it wasn't a Sunday. I could totally do with another day to sleep in.



More sledding pics, just no action shots today!

3 comments:

debi g said...

alcohol + sharp object ≠ good idea. sounds and looks like an awesome time! i want to be your neighbor.

Leslie said...

that is some dedication! i can't even go outside when it drops below 40 here.

debi g said...

i showed ben this blog post... he wants to move in next to you too, let us know when the house goes up for sale (if ever).