To get into the Christmas spirit I really needed to hit a mall where there is some civilization. So, the girls and I went on a girls adventure. We drove 1 1/2 hours away to the Rivertown Crossings Mall. It was so great to be out with all the holiday music and the decorated stores and tons of moms and the stroller brigades at the mall. We played at the play area in the mall for a while. We hit the Carousel, we saw Santa, I got tons of shopping in. The girls were perfect all day. Ruthie saw Santa and gave him a huge hug. She confirmed with Santa that she wants a Baby Doll. Not a baby as previously expressed. Few! Didn't know how I was going to explain that one to her. Lulu ate a foot long hot dog and then wanted more from the food court. Did I mention her absolute love of hot dogs? I think she was introduced in the summer at all the cook-outs and she has been hooked. I know that there are better foods to eat but I buy the beef healthy ones and I am hoping this is a phase. But man can that girl put down the dogs. She loves her fruit, vegetables (especially broccoli), salmon, chicken, turkey, mashed potatoes, but the past 3 days all she will eat is milk by the gallon and hotdogs. Oh well.
I love days like our girls adventure days. It breaks up the boring and it makes me happy. I think when you imagine what being a mom is like it is always a girls adventure day.
3 comments:
i love hot dogs too! but not the xmas music or crowds at the malls. but girls days out are fun. :)
nothin' better than a mean hotdog! at least she's not into beer yet, right? :)
now that sounds like a fun day!
i say, give the girl her dogs! at least she eats! and right on leslie about the beer! :)
Post a Comment