Sunday, December 16, 2007

Chocolate Covered Treats

Every year I like to make chocolate covered treats for the people that Simon works with. It gets me in the Christmas spirit and I know that the treats are well received at his work. I usually stick with pretzels, who doesn't love them, but this year Simon wanted to also do Oreo's. He is a bit of a chocolate addict. Saturday night I put Ruthie and Simon in charge of the Oreo's, I must admit I get to be a little crazy in the kitchen with this project. Simon doesn't realize that presentation is half of it and he tends to just throw things around with chocolate all over the place. Anyway, the oreo's turned out great and they were a little rough around the perfection edges so I melted some white chocolate and drizzled over the milk chocolate and they looked great! I got beautiful bags, ribbon and tags for the gifts and I hope they are a hit.

Here are some pics of my little helpers. Lulu refused to help as she just got a new Wiggles video from the library and she couldn't tear herself away. Maybe next year.


2 comments:

The Jacobs said...

The treats were very much appreciated. I think I'll gain 50 pounds in this last month of pregnancy. Thanks for the goodies!!

debi g said...

any chance you ship to NJ? they sound really yummy!