We went with some friends to the alligator farm. I did not know what to expect from this adventure. We had heard it was alot of fun and seeing as Ruthie has a love for all things slimey I figured this was right up her alley!
Lulu was all in as well. She really enjoyed seeing the animals in the tanks and even let them put the reptile on her lap when we first got there. Ruthie was surprisingly afraid. I think that she was overwhelmed.
We fed turtles
When we went outside to the alligator farm, the owner was extremely animated and had a large personality. Which immediately freaked Lulu out. She withdrew and wanted me to hold her the entire time. At one point the man says to her.....You and I aren't getting along you don't like me very much do you?..... She doesn't say anything..... Then he says......Is it because I am ugly?... Her reply..."Yes"....... I nearly died!
The owner had the kids hold a baby alligator. So Ruthie did it, and then when I tried to get Lulu to do it, she froze. So he says "Here watch your mom" OK. I DON'T TOUCH REPTILES. Well then he gets on my case that how can I make my kids do it if I won't. Totally makes me do it. So freaking scary. Yes, totally crying.

Ruthie held the alligator and then touched his teeth. (while the mouth was rubber-banded closed)
Then we got to feed HUGE alligators.
SO MUCH FUN. Except the holding them part.
5 comments:
NOT OK!!!
and surprising that your frog loving little girl had issue with the big ones?
what a day trip! Who knew there were alligator farms outside of florida? Hmm. I would have been scared too...you're one brave momma! (why wouldn't ruthie just hold it and give you a break?! Crazy kids.)
talk about a hands-on learning experience!
ruthie looks SO excited to be holding the alligator! i've always wanted to go to an alligator farm, but secretly too chicken to ever go, nor hold one! you guys are such awesome parents, your girls are going to have incredible memories from their childhood!
You are "Mother of the Year" for holding that gator! I got hives just looking at the pic. I love that Lulu has on a dress at an alligator farm! I think your black cloud has found it's way to my house.
Post a Comment