This morning started off rather chaotic, much like every other school morning, of course there was crying of daddy not hugging, or daddy not kissing good-bye. In his defense, if he hugs them once it is a million times and they always say that for that extra dose of drama in the morning.
Dropped Ruthie off at school, Lulu and I ran a bunch of errands. Went back to pick Ruthie up and Lulu fell asleep in the car line.
So far, your typical day, everything is going along swimmingly.
Bring in what feels like a million bags from the car, then head to the empty garbage cans at the street. Hit a patch of ice on the driveway and totally wipe out. Covered in snow, outfit change #1 Molly.
Come in to find Lulu who sneaked some strawberries from a bag while I was bringing stuff in, covered in strawberries. Outfit change #1 for Lulu.
Ruthie just complaining of being "HOT" while seriously our heat is at 67* clothes off for Ruthie. Outfit change #1 for Ruthie.
Make lunch for the girls, and then they quiet down for a show before nap time. I try to clean up the kitchen, at which point I clean the coffee maker which has spontaneously combusted on the counter, coffee, grinds, stuff everywhere. Outfit #2 for Molly.
No nap for either girl. Lulu has pacifier withdraw and won't nap now. Get them up play a little, and they ask to go downstairs. I try to do some laundry, a lot of outfit changes today.......
Ruthie comes running up the stairs, Lulu has taken a capri sun and used it as a watergun soaking Ruthie and all the toys in the ball pit downstairs. Outfit Change #2 for Ruthie.
Clean up all the "kitchen toys" in the basement. Empty and clean ball pit, suggest perhaps it is snack time.
The girls want Graham Crackers so I get them milk, and we sit down for a snack.
At this point I show Ruthie for the first time how to dunk her graham crackers and milk and how yummy they are.
*****Here is the moment, the moment moms stay home for, the girls and I have a nice snack dunking our graham crackers in milk, and chatting.*********
I think I even thought to myself, this is so worth it, this is why I stay home.
At which point. Lulu spills her milk everywhere!
Outfit change #3 - Lulu
Outfit change #3 - Ruthie
Outfit change #3 - Molly
I am now wearing Simon's pajama pants and sweatshirt, Ruthie is wearing a funky outfit with the Banana costume over it and Lulu is in her pajamas, it is 4:30 and the girls are playing with their friend in the basement.
I am SO ordering Pizza for dinner.
3 comments:
purely awesome! i am laughing so hard that i have tears in my eyes.
ahhh oh my gosh i am dying of laughter over here! spilling coffee, milk, and slipping on ice are all things i tend to do as well...actually one of the worse messes to clean up is flour :( thank goodness for dust busters. does Simon sometimes not believe what goes on during the day with you ladies? :)
hilARIous. so many changes!
Post a Comment