In honor of my birthday, for many of the readers out there who just can't get enough of lists here is a birthday treat for you. Things not too many people know about me.
1. Orange is my favorite color
2. My favorite food of all times is nacho's. I could eat them every day, every meal, and never get bored. (that probably isn't un-known to most)
3. I still have a crazy re-curring dream about my highschool dance team (Rockettes). It isn't the exact dream every time but the concept is always the same. I have forgotten something, pom-poms, my boots, my gloves, and then I can't perform. (wierd) That was 15 years ago!
4. I love swimming but haven't swam laps in years (perhaps a new years resolution?)
5. While it may have seemed hard, and stressful while I was in the middle of it, my favorite job looking back had to be when I worked at camp.
6. I am a crazy good typer. (typing in highschool served me well)
7. I am insane with numbers. I know all of my friends, my moms friends phone numbers and address. I can practically address all my Christmas cards (I think I did 75 without having to look at my address book). Especially zip codes and area codes from when I was at camp.
8. I am a worst case scenario kind of person, as in, I am always making sure I know where the exits are.
9. I am not usually an emotional kind of person and am the authority figure in the family, but the littlest things can bring me to tears. Lulu running in the snow (just the other day), Ruthie swimming all by herself. I totally lose it.
10. My favorite thing to wear is jeans and a black top. Like there is anything else to wear. Only becomes problematic when you are friends with a group of people that have the same fashion sense as you and you all look like twins. (what's up Too, Inc. or whatever you guys are now)
11. I LOVE to bake, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT. I actually never really eat the finished product as much as I eat the dough. I don't feel centered unless I bake, all the time. I usually have to go on flour and sugar probation every once in a while.
12. My favorite adult drink is a good old fashioned beer.
13. I have a pile of clothes next to my bed at all times, sweatshirts, sweatpants, the outfit I wore yesterday, socks, hairbands, shoes, books, water, etc. You never know when you are going to need something, in the middle of the night, you might get hot, cold, whatever and it is nice to know all that stuff is right there. - downside is the "stuff" drives Simon to the brink of no return. He folds it, moves it, puts it under my pillow, puts it in the front seat of my car. No matter what he does, it is not going to kick my habit of having my emergency pile of crap next to my bed.
14. If I could sleep in my Uggs I would. I have tried, but it annoys Simon. They are quite possibly one of my favorite pairs of shoes. I leave them right next to my bed. Imagine that!
15. I am a totally shoe person. Love them, could talk about them forever.
16. My hair is curly but I straigten it, everyday. I just have never liked the way I look with curly hair.
17. I can ride a unicycle.
18. I can juggle really well, also while riding a unicycle. Maybe I could join the circus.
19. I don't like to clean at all, and am generally quite messy. Thank God Simon is the neat freak.
20. I really don't travel very well at all, I like my own bed, I don't like to fly and I don't like being away from home. I am much better if my traveling partner is Simon.
21. If we drive anywhere, nine times out of 10 I drive. Partly because Simon is horrible with directions, (HORRIBLE - he still misses the turn to get to our house on a monthly basis) and I might have a slight problem with being in control.
22. I am a sucker for 80's movies.
23. I asked Simon if he could think of any more his response: I am horrible at getting up in the morning.
24. I love cuddling with the girls.
I was really trying to come up with as many as years old I am today, but let's just keep it in the 20's feel's better that way!
9 comments:
my college friends and i are always sooo bad about the jeans and black shirts! every time we see each other we all have black shirts and jeans on. i remember one time recently we walked into a bar and a guy said to us "are you guys in a black shirt club or something?" we said yes and he thought we were serious :)
i didnt know you could juggle AND ride a unicyle! very impressive!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
happy birthday molly! (remember this one... molly mcgann smells like ham... ha ha)
i love the list! it is so true (the uggs one is new to me since they were not popular in the states when we shared a room at camp). and the reason you didn't perform at the circus each year at camp was because...???? hee hee.
Happy Birthday! Wish I could be there-or more accurately, that YOU were HERE-to celebrate with you and buy you a beer and nachos!
p.s., we are Tween Brands now, and I am currently wearing a black sweater and jeans. :)
p.s.s., I totally knew a lot of those about you already!
here's to a wonderful birthday, molly!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
1. your fave food is the first item i think of that's actually in the orange category. besides oranges.
2. HAHA on the pile of stuff! he moves it to your car?? hahahahahahaa~!
3. uggs...isn't it illegal in some states to wear shoes to bed? kentucky? somewhere like that.just precautionary info.
4. i have a red unicycle. haven't tried to juggle, but used to be able to jump rope on the ole uni. we TOTALLY should've been in the circus.
Happy Birthday Molly! I'm laughing as I sit here in jeans and a black shirt..my mom uniform now. I was kind of hoping to see the picture of you as a Rockette :)
To point # 8 - I remember having to call you from Billy Joel at MSG for the Millenium concert because you were afraid NYC would spontaneously combust because of YTK!!!
HI Molly! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! If I would have known I wouldn't have made your legs sore for your b-day, ha!ha! And yes you need to get in that pool so that you will be ready for the indoor triathlon!
Hope you have a great day!
happy birthday molly! This list made me laugh, especially about the pile 'o stuff. I can tell it's been a point of contention in your house - way to stick to your guns. Remember you can always join the circus once the girls are old enough for school. Hope you had a fabulous day!!!
Post a Comment