Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Great job on the house but......


Simon ALWAYS does a great job decorating the house for Christmas.

The girls however have a different idea of what our house should look like. This is probably due to the fact that their favorite place to go is Lowe's to look at all the inflatables.

So tonight, as I was driving home in the dark with them, all I kept hearing from the back of the car was...... "O, Jesus" and then another "O, Jesus" When I realized what I was hearing (over the vidoe player in the car) and asked..... Ruthie said "Well didn't you see the baby Jesus?" She apparently was commenting on all the manger scenes she was seeing.

Then we drove by 2 houses on oppostie sides of the street from each other that I swear is having a duelling inflatables war. No matter what the holiday you can count on at least 50 between the 2 houses and it is always fun to see.

So, out of Ruthie's mouth comes this.......


"Whoever drives by our house is going to look at it and say.....




(and then she uses her deepest darkest man voice you have ever heard)


"That house doesn't look good because they don't have any inflatables"


*** This is particularly funny since, I literally tell a story and most of the time have voices for EVERY person. My mom has a voice, my sister has a voice, my brother (his is my favorite) has a voice. I am glad to hear that I am rubbing off on her.

3 comments:

debi g said...

i am laughing! but not sure if i am laughing more at the silliness of the competing inflatables or ruthie with the voices.

trish said...

haha! i am cracking up! the house looks AWESOME, and how funny was Ruthie's comment? oh man you guys are the best

devon lorraine ... said...

... the house really does look beautiful!