We all headed off to Cleveland for a long weekend. My sister Katie and her husband Tim gave us cirque de soleil tickets for Christmas. What a great gift. With Gammy in Cleveland the girls were excited for a visit and we were once again greatful for the visit and the childcare.
Friday morning we headed to the Cleveland Zoo and Rainforest. We just can't get enough of the elephants. We stayed so long in the pachyderm building that we all grew used to the smell. We even got to see a Hippo taking a bath.
We had drinks with my dad and his wife before the show and a late night dinner with my brother and his wife after the show. No matter how long we stay in Cleveland there is never enough time to see everyone. We always have to stick to such a rigid schedule.
Saturday we went to my dad's to visit with the kids. They love seeing Uncle Kevin and Aunt Regan. Since Kevin is only 12 the girls think he is just their buddy and that he is different than the rest of their aunt's and uncle's. Then Simon and I had an afternoon of marathon shopping while the girls were in the care of their Gammy.
We were able to score some decor for Ruthie's big girl room and just soak in the civilization of a shopping center. Something I go through withdraw from.
The best purchase of the weekend was A BRAND NEW COMPUTER!!!! We are so excited. As soon as we got home yesterday Simon was all over getting it up and running because "You really have been neglecting the blog and our fans" I am sure that all 5 of our regular fans are coping just fine without the daily pictures of the family. And you are all probably happy that I didn't upload the pictures from the crazy pooping habits of Ruthie.
So, I like to think of myself as somewhat computer literate. (I don't know if most people know that my previous job before being a mother was Supervisor of Store Communications for one of the Limited companies) my team was in charge of all the POS support and the daily communication of the home office to more than 600 stores. So one would think I could get things sorted out. Apparently parenthood has turned my brain to mush as I can't even get comfortable with the new keyboard! Let alone figure out the new filing system for pictures and what not. My camera had over 550 pictures on it when I downloaded and they all went into one file. Yikes.
So, this afternoon during naps, while our carpet is being installed and I am making dinner and cleaning the house, I will be sorting out the computer so that we can once again resume our regularly posting schedule.
So to sum it all up, for our weekend in Review.
Went to Gammy's she took wonderful care of her girls, we got some much needed adult time, saw some good friends and family, had some great retail therapy, bought a computer, having the carpet installed today, I am feeling like things are finally getting back to normal.
4 comments:
while i don't mind not seeing the poop pictures, i have MISSED you blogging! hooray for being back online! :)
i HAVE felt neglected, dammit. good call, simon! glad things are moving along solidly in the sanity dept. nothing like a good flood to ruin a great routine, huh? so which cirque did you get to see? my family's obsessed.
we saw Saltimbanco. While I absolutely enjoyed every minute of it, having seen Cirque in a "purpose built" arena for the show. I felt like it didn't pack as much power as the other shows. We saw La Noba and I am absolutely dying to see Love.
wow, sounds like you're quite the closet cirque fan!!! I'm seeing my first cirque in june (the show is called corteo) and I'm pretty excited.
i too am happy for the updates, and am happy to see that the panty party wasn't a precursor to a poopy party!
welcome back :)
Post a Comment