Sunday, July 19, 2009

Daddy.... I got married today!

The bride


fist pump, no kissing


the groom



Yes, these were the words that caused the big heart attack of 2009. Simon was out of town, Ruthie calls him. Yes, she is so excited that she knows peoples phone numbers and any chance she gets she calls them on my cell phone. (I am looking at this as a positive - In case of emergency). SImon answers the phone and all that she says is..... "Daddy, I got married today"

On any given day we have between 3 and 7 neighborhood kids moving in a mob around the neighborhood wanting to be entertained and play. On this particular day,we had 5 kids, in the bouncehouse, and on the swingset and then the boredom set in. Someone made a comment about when was Anthony going to get married, and the event just took off!


There were costumes, fake flowers, and rings, and I was the master of ceremonies with a makeshift Bible. Such a fun activity.



The wedding party






Lulu wore the purple flapper dress.

3 comments:

debi g said...

just have them run around the neighborhood and catch their "man" and it is another camp activity. love the purple flapper dress, why didn't i think of that for my bridesmaids?! leslie... that's one idea!

Leslie said...

totally. it'll go with my bed-sheet wedding dress i pseudo-made @ camp. speaking of camp, WHY is casa bisson totally just an extension of cayuga EVERYDAY?? the neighborhood parents must love you for that.

also, did you seriously marry your daughter with an "EVERYBODY POOPS" book?? hahahahah!

Simon and Molly said...

Leslie wins ALMOST. I was waiting to see who was going to be the most observant, as I thought I was hysterical for using... "The Gas We Pass" as the Bible.

Everything I needed to know I learned at Camp Cayuga. For real!