I have to keep reminding myself of this. My training is going well. I am still nursing some pretty severe shin splints, so I run for small amounts and have just amped up the swimminug and the biking. I feel great.. Ok, maybe not great. everything aches. Every Monday when I do a cardio weightlifting class, I mentally quit the race halfway through the class. But yesterday I kept saying to myself...this is not that bad, this is not that bad. I looked at the times from last years race and it appears the times I had given myself for finishing in my head were at the very bottom of the finishers. I am not looking to win it, just looking to finish.
I rode 9 miles on Saturday and felt great but then thought to myself as I was getting off my bike, now imagine running into the transition area, putting down your bike and running 3 miles at a pretty quick pace. That's when the panic hits.....Swimming, then biking then running. My legs I think are staging a mutiny!
But back to the positive..... Where did that go? Oh yeah, positive....... crossing the finish line, accomplishing this goal, doing it for TEAM BISSON! And another goal I jokingly told Simon.... "Have you seen all the adorable clothes at Gazelle?" (our local running shop)
I rode 9 miles on Saturday and felt great but then thought to myself as I was getting off my bike, now imagine running into the transition area, putting down your bike and running 3 miles at a pretty quick pace. That's when the panic hits.....Swimming, then biking then running. My legs I think are staging a mutiny!
But back to the positive..... Where did that go? Oh yeah, positive....... crossing the finish line, accomplishing this goal, doing it for TEAM BISSON! And another goal I jokingly told Simon.... "Have you seen all the adorable clothes at Gazelle?" (our local running shop)
***And the obligatory photo, since according to Simon all posts need a picture...... One of my favorites, and their little faces drive me to be better ever day. This is picture is an oldie but goodie.
4 comments:
You can do it Molly!!
You got this one, Molly!
You are still my hero! YOU CAN DO IT!
hooray! you totally can do this! p.s. super cute workout clothes is definitely fun motivation :)
Post a Comment