Thursday, July 16, 2009

Camping



Obviously we met at summer camp so camping is in our blood. We spent years of all of our time off from camp, camping. I know bizarre. "Let's finally get out off camp grounds and lets go camping!" The last camping trip off of camp grounds resulted in...... a horrible night of being dive bombed by bugs, finishing off the night in the car, and waking up to Debi yelling....."What happened to your face?" End result... Chiggers of the face. Yep, steriods, and a huge fishing hat for me for a few weeks.


Fast forward 12 years:
Simon has always dreamed of taking the girls camping. I have been a little less excited, not just because of the chiggers but because of the sleep walking of the little ones. But a few friends were all out at a state park camping with their families nearby so my good friend Kris and I decided to join them with our families. Safety in numbers.

Random Wednesday I call Simon:


Molly: on his voicemail.... I think we are going to camp tomorrow with some families call me so we can talk about it.


Molly answers call from Simon: "Dude"

Simon: "Dude, I am all in, can I start shopping?"

(seriously, who is the girl in this convo and yes, we totally talk to eachother like that. Dude, is still SO one of my favorite words)

OK back to the story......We went camping and I was the one to do ALL the shopping, not because Simon didn't want to or try but because we had less than 24 hours to plan, we had a fundraiser to go to, and Simon had a full day of Board Meetings the day we left. Good times!







The girls had an AWESOME time. We were there with 4 familes, we went to the beach, ordered pizza, avoided killer racoons, slept on the ground the first night because our air mattress had a hole. No sleep walking occured, lots of bike rides, slept through a storm, made tons of smores and laughed alot.

This I know will be the first of many camping trips for Team Bisson. And I am in full support of Simon "shopping" for an RV.



**** Almost forgot, Lulu had a strapless beaded dress on and her yellow beaded purse. I had to bribe her with Starburst to take off the heels that they were not safe. OY, this girl!

2 comments:

debi g said...

ha ha ha, no chiggers my country. good times. you forgot about us watching the skunks walk back and forth in front of the lean-to and us holding our breaths so we didn't get sprayed.

glad to hear this experience was much better!

lauren and brad said...

So much fun! I'm with Simon...I am always dreaming about family camping trips...

I know lulu is the girly girl of your two, but that first picture of ruthie has me cracking up. Such a sassy girly pose!