The girls can sing the Buckeye Fight song, they have the cheerleader outfits. They know whenever or wherever someone yells O-H The appropriate response is I-O!
As a joke, my friends put a huge Michigan helmet on my car for the Friday and Saturday of the Michigan - Ohio State game. When I found it and removed it, Ruthie thought it was so cool and couldn't wait to show Simon.....
OVERHEARD:
Ruthie: Look at this helmet isn't it so cool
Daddy: No, it is not cool it is Michigan and we don't like Michigan. We're Buckeyes
Ruthie: But we live in Michigan we don't like us? (all the while her voice is shakey and almost in tears)
Daddy: well, we do live in Michigan, but we don't like anything from Michigan.
Ruthie: Why? (now the tears are practically coming)
Oh well, there will be many of these "Life Lesson's" for the girls as long as we live in Michigan.
6 comments:
Hi Molly! Hope you have a nice visit with your Mom and a Happy Thanksgiving. I love your blog, you have such an awesome family! See ya next week!
sooooo funny. this is why i love your blog!
teaching her about her true ohio you're making her CRY over it! :)
i liked it when you dressed them up as buckeye fans for halloween! thankfully neither of them were born in MI!
Totally ROOTED for those buckeyes! Way to Go!
You can take the girl out of ohio but can't take ohio out of the girl. I have not lived in OH for 17 years but still say I am going home!
Post a Comment