This year's event was held at the Country Club again. The silent auction and drinks and passed starters (can never remember how to spell hors dehovres) were first follow by a live auction with sit down dinner. We had a waiting list this year again which was so awesome!
It was a super yummy sit down dinner of chicken and beef, squash risotto, and green beans. (I think, I can't even remember the menu. The only thing I do know is that there was no chocolate dessert like I specifically put on the menu, but no one knows that other than the committee. I had them make a special drink for the night called a "Mistletoe Martini" It was green with a cherry in it. Super cool, but oooooo so strong. maybe that is why I was in a tornado!
Honestly, I feel like the entire night I was in a tornado spinning out of control. So much going on, so much to do, and somewhat disconnected with all my friends. Literally at one point I turned to my friend at the table and asked her to cut my dinner for me as, I was trying to follow the auctioneer and get bids, and every time I sat down to grab something to eat, I would have to jump up again having only cut a small piece of food and not managed to eat anything. She was all too helpful, of course complaining that she was away from her kids and she still had to cut my dinner but it was all in good fun. I did manage to eat my dinner, cold of course but still super yummy.
We raised a ton of money. In this economy, that is a big win! And a fabulous time was had by all. I had every intention of taking tons of pictures yet, the only picture that was taken by us was this at the beginning of the night.
3 comments:
you look awesome in that picture!
congrats on creating a successful event! you look stunning!
Nice job on Mistletoe. The event was a hit and we had a great time. Nice pic - you look great!
Post a Comment