Thursday, November 20, 2008

Seriously!

This week has been an absolute crazy one! My HUGE event that I have spent the better part of 5 months working on is tomorrow night. TOMORROW NIGHT! I can't even think about typing it yet saying it out loud. The Under the Mistletoe is an event sponsored by the Junior League and it is a silent/live auction with passed appetizers (can't even think about spelling hors de ouvres) and a sit down dinner at the Country Club. Kickoff of the holiday season if you like, tons of money raised to help sponsor events in the community, wonderful atmosphere and alot of planning. Second year running that we have sold out, have a waiting list. Items are still pouring in as well as requests to squeeze just a few more people in.

So, it would only be fitting that Lulu comes down with a 103.5 fever on Sunday/Monday. Two trips to the doctor for check ups, and then yesterday she breaks out in Foot and Mouth! Oh yeah baby, the dirty blister disease. The doctor says it is really a mild case. I would almost just think she had a cold sore and nothing was wrong if she hadn't broken out with a fever 2 days previous.

So, she is napping all is quiet I think, I can absolutely get some work done and sit down to my computer put on Ruthie's favorite movie "Snow Buddies" and try to hammer out some last minute details. With that, Ruthie has the world's biggest meltdown............

"Guernsey is not a puppy, I wan't guernsey to be a baby" She is carrying a picture of Guernsey and Simon around the house hysterical. "Guernsey isn't cute anymore" "I want him to be cute and a puppy" This carries on for 45 minutes of pure agony. I try everything and eventually just let her be. I told her that it hurts Guernsey's feelings and everything.


5 minutes later here is the scene.....






Back to being best friends. Never a dull moment.

7 comments:

debi g said...

foot and mouth? really?! oye vey! and poor puppy and ruthie. it is that time of year... at least 3 of my kids had major meltdowns at school today, one had enough for each of the remaining composed kids. sigh...

i can't wait to hear about the event tomorrow night!

devon lorraine ... said...

i can't wait to hear how the big event goes! i hope you have had a blast in the planning stages and that you enjoy the evening!

Leslie said...

what the heck IS foot + mouth and how do you get it, or rather, NOT get it??? hope lu*s feels better so soon! how long will it take to pass and what does she take for it? and for the record, that's how i type your daughter's name...lu*2. it just seems a bit cooler than lulu, but not as cool as dude.

good luck @ your event!

lauren and brad said...

I am crying because I am laughing so hard. Sorry. Don't mean to enjoy your agony...but you just continue to make my day.

p.s. my word verification for this comment is evilness. irony?

Amanda said...

oh wow - what a day! Of course that will all happen the day before your big event - murphy's law, right? I hope it goes super well, and that the girls are all back to 'normal' :) Can't wait to hear all about your big night!!!

Erin said...

foot and mouth is the worst! hope the Dude has recovered and the event went well!

trish said...

i hope lulu feels better! and that ruthie and the pup can work things out :)

how was your event? cant wait to hear about it/see pics!