Friday, July 25, 2008

This 2 day trip was sponsored by.......





This is the best I could do with these pictures as most to all of them were taken while I was driving and not even realizing what was around us until I would have to circle back for the shot. And Simon thought we went to the zoo.........



Guess the city we just spent 2 days in..... Yep that is right folks the home of Laverne and Shirley. Totally last minute Simon had a meeting in Milwaukee and since we hadn't seen him in 2 weeks we decided to tag along. And while Simon and I have been married for 9 years, together fora million....feels like it today (smiley face, really...) he never ceases to catch me off guard. For example while we were driving down the streets of Milwaukee I told him that I wanted to find a street that looked like Laverne and Shirley's and make the girls get out and pose a picture while skipping and he is all...... Who is Laverne and Shirley? Seriously!?! What? I mean, how can I be married to a guy that doesn't have a clue who Laverne and Shirley are. I mean.... I was even Laverne for Halloween in college. Do I have to rethink this over a million times?

So, tons happened in the 2 days we were gone..... Got to visit with some great family, stay at a completely not child appropriate swanky place (while we had the kids), went to yet another zoo, and children's museum and swam on the 23rd floor of the hotel overlooking the lake. Tons of pictures to go through great footage promises of more posts......

Let me leave you with this thought, the drive home that should have taken 4.5 hours........TOOK US 8 HOURS! 8 HOURS!

The girls handled it so much better than we did, and therefore I am off to drink a Miller in honor of Laverne.

4 comments:

Andrew said...

Shlameel, Shlamazal, hazenfefer corporated.....or something like that!

debi g said...

while the british do get a lot of american shows... jerry springer, oprah, and judget judy, the real quality ones like L&S rarely make it over. sigh... find some episodes on youtube and education your man!

Leslie said...

while i know this one and have coveted the L tops laverne always donned, i truly sympathize with poor simon (that's the one that means you went through the same thing, right?). you know how many times a week i look @ jamie all sorts of funny because of pre1992 pop culture he references?

him - "thundercats."
me - "shut up. i didn't grow up in this country."

trish said...

Milwaukee is a cool city! doug and i went there in the winter, in the midst of a snow storm, but had a great time!