My Grammy.....
is an amazing woman and one of my best friends.
is an amazing woman and one of my best friends.
So many, many memories if not all of my memories as a child include her and My Papa. One of my most special memories is my Freshman year in college when all my sorority sisters were going off to exotic places and partying my Grammy and I took a roadtrip to Chicago. Hands down one of the most fun and special times of my life. We danced, we sang, we cried and we laughed until our stomach's hurt.
Even in my early twenties she and I would meet at Herb's for Happy Hour or when Simon and I lived nearby he too got hooked onto happy hour at her house.
Another thing that is so special to me is that Ruthie is named after her.....Ruth Catherine and her Mother Ruth Catherine. Ruthie absolutely loves her Grammy Ruthie. She thinks it is great they have the same name and she loves to give her hugs.
I wish I could see her more often than I do but she makes me smile every day.
Last thing she said to me as I hugged her so tight and told her I love her so much was...... I love you more blahblahblah so I couldn't respond. She is too funny.
So glad we got to see her on our way to Milwaukee. 
3 comments:
and they even dress alike! where is your pink shirt?!
omg. i was about to type the exact same thing debs did. so much for having creative independent thought, huh?
i looooove this post. so special :)
Post a Comment