Friday, July 18, 2008

Lulu - "Dude" - One step at a time.




One of the many things that I love about my little Lulu is how cautious she is about everything. Whenever in a new situation she is very quiet and takes it all in. She takes a while to warm up and she wants everything on her own time. No matter how much you coax, encourage or whatever, she is going to do it is Lulu terms.


Swimming with Grandpa and Uncle Kevin (my brother) was no exception. Initailly she doesn't even talk, she hides behind my legs. The more you just let her do things by herself the easier it is for everyone..... I don't even think I need to tell you but I will, that while all of this is going on, I look over and little miss gymnast is hanging upside down by a rope and swinging like tarzan, playing like she owns the pool.


While everyone was talking and doing their thing I look over and Lulu has climbed the slide and went down by herself. All the celebratory "Way To GO's" and high fives would normally encourage any other little one. No, she takes that as a cue to not do it again. She manages to play for a little while longer until they turned on all the sprinklers and waterfall's, at which point I had to scrape her off the wall, help her out of cardiac arrest and then go to the locker room and change our clothes and head home. Too much excitement for one day.



The swimmer's with Unlce Kevin.





2 comments:

debi g said...

one step at a time dude, one step at a time. looks like a fun day otherwise!

trish said...

i was totally the same way as a kid :) wait...um i think i am like that still!