Saturday, June 14, 2008

Your regular everyday kinda week.....

Lots of nothing too exciting here this week. Happen to have a few short stories and some pics to share.


First, I am not quite sure who's brilliant idea it was to give Lulu pudding. She can be such a big kid but when it comes to things she can put her hands in look out. I really need to get her finger painting. Especially so that she can do it outside and I can hose her down. The only reason she is so upset in these pics is.... A. She got caught and B. She was forced to stop and get in the tub.






Remember years ago when they made blue raspberry blow pops? They were totally my favorite and the girls when given the choice of any dum-dum flavor they pick blue everytime. I guess the apples didn't fall far from the tree.




At dinner one night it was just me and the girls and we were discussing that Ruthie wanted to be a firewoman when she grows up. I was telling her what a noble job that was and you can help people, and the fireman aren't too bad to look at either....(well maybe not that last part but I thought it) Lulu gets all excited and screams on the top of her lungs........ When I grow up I want to ride a bulldozer! She makes me so proud to be her mommy. Everyday!


We had an afternoon of horrible storms and the girls were feeling pretty lazy, so when Lulu woke up from her nap and Ruthie and I had already woken up from our nap. Oh yea, I don't even need to explain. I love me some nap. It is a great day when I can take a 2 hour nap. So Ruthie went upstairs and the girls just wanted to hang out in Lulu's crib, cuddle and read books. I am so sure they learned that from me. The only thing missing was a TV and some chips with the air conditioning cranking real love and some lazy time.






Lastly, and the most traumatizing for Simon....... We were taking the girls pictures in these absolutely lovey dresses hand made by my dear friend Kristen Perrier. I was trying to get them to smile with all the "look at me" and "say cheese" Ruthie looks right at me and Simon and screams PENIS'S and then gives us a huge grin. Simon was so distraught he still won't talk about it. Needless to say the photo shoot was cut short and these were the only pics we got.






4 comments:

debi g said...

"penis" huh? i wonder where she got that from...

Simon and Molly said...

I almost typed the title of this post....Things I taught my daughter's but thought they may be too much.

trish said...

lulu's face is priceless...i bet the pudding was good :)

oh my gosh, i think its unpredictable what kids and also grandparents decide to say at any given moment. not too ong ago i was at the mall with my grandparents and a scantily clad young girl walked by, and loudly my grandfather asks me "is that girl a skank?"

Amanda said...

When I was little I was folding laundry upstairs and my mom was downstairs, within view, with company. Trying to be an attention hog, I put a towel on my head so I looked like a nun, and thinking it meant the same, I said, "Look Mom, I'm a Virgin!!". (okay I didn't go to church growing up and thought Virgin Mary = nun).

Having said that...Ruthie has my story beat hands down. I laughed outloud, by myself. And the pudding is also super cute. Has she discovered lipstick yet?

ps. also am a big fan of naps, and pretty much take one. Their crib looks so super cozy!