So, Ruthie has been having a bad week for sleeping.
Sidenote: I know, I know, that I should not even complain when your kids go to bed every night and sleep for 11-12 hours in their own bed and are really rather good.
After our last week in Cleveland, Ruthie got off her routine BAD. She wanted to sleep in bed with us, was up until 10:30. (Her normal bedtime is 8:30) and the worst of it is that her night terrors really get out of control when she is off her schedule.
So, when she was upset today about not having a piggy bank for her "monies" I thought..... Here is my chance for a re-training opportunity! Together we made a poster with her name on it and 10 boxes. We talked about the importance of staying in her bed all night and not calling out for mommy and daddy unless it is an emergency. (We have a radio in her room so it is not like we can't tell what is going on the entire time anyway).
So each night before she goes to bed, she picks a flower sticker and takes it up and puts it on her shelf where she can't reach it. If mommy or daddy have to put her back in her bed, or come up to get yet another book, or glass of water (staller) then we will take her flower away. If she still has her flower in the morning she can put it on her poster. When she has collected 10 flowers on her poster she can go to Nordstrom's (In Cleveland, hello, people we live in B.F.E. so not near a Nordie's) and pick out her very own piggy bank and they will even put her name on it! She was totally sold!
So, in all the excitement I thought I could really go with it......I told her that once she gets her new piggy bank, when she is a good girl mommy and daddy can give her more monies to put in her piggy bank!
WOW, did I really just offer to pay my 3 year old if she is a good girl. I soo did not see that coming, at least not now.
Well, first night down and flower is still on the shelf and she is asleep. So, I guess the promise of the piggy bank may have some weight. Hey, I'll try anything once.....
Wait, this is motherhood, not college......does that still apply?
4 comments:
motherhood....college.... real life... it always applies! and great tip! i will have to refer back to these posts when i have one of my own (not for at least a year!)
brillant!
woah, i have missed a TON of posts. you've been a posting machine. i love the girls Kristen Perrier dresses, even if the p-word was uttered during the photo shoot ... and the bison joining team bisson.
i want a flower sticker every time i stay in bed!
Post a Comment