We were in Cleveland for a few days for a wedding of a family/friend. My mother has 2 best friends that we have grown up with their families/kids and I consider them to be way more than friends they are closer to us than most of our family. We spend holiday's together, they haven't missed a baptism or a birthday party for the kids and they are all so very important to us.
The church service was in the same church that Simon and I got married in almost 9 years ago, so that was kinda fun to see. It was a beautiful day, the bride looked amazing as well as the groom, the flowers were stunning, and the reception was amazing. Like a fairytale.
I knew that the night was going to be a winner when.....The photographer came around to take our table's picture and we thought we can't do something boring like just pose for the photographer....So we told her that in an hour and a half after we had our groove on meet us in the back corner and we are going to make a pyramid. We told the bride that we were going to do this and her response......"I love it! and I AM IN!!!!" So there were all three families of kids ranging in age from late late 30's to 29 in bridesmaid dresses, suits and dresses and wedding dresses, building a 14 person pyramid in the hallway of this reception. Good thing the videographer and the photographer caught it on film. Because unfortunately I did not. Real mature. One for the books for sure.
While, I usually like to follow my responsibilities at all things open bar and drink my fair share as well as the fair share of the other's not stepping up to the plate I managed to remain well under control and left that responsibility to Megan and Bridget. They never dissappoint. After the wedding reception ended they went to the hotel bar with the bride and groom and a contingent of after party participants and managed to get thrown out of there at 2am and their mother said that at 4am they still weren't home. Oh how I secretively wished I could have been there whooping it up! Although, I am sure that I would have been asleep on the bar. I guess this may mean I am getting ready to pass my torch on.....
Here are some pics....
Me and some cute guy I got to sit next to at the wedding.
Sister Katie, Me, Bridget and Megan
Our Parents......Mom, Mary (Megan and Bridget's mom), and Rosemarie (MOB)
Megan thinking she is on "American Beer" Idol
This picture was taken right about the same time that Simon was playing the air guitar with his leg......That would have been such a better photo than this.....Not that we aren't all cute.
1 comment:
you know it's a great reception when you build a human pyramid. When someone emails you a copy of the shot, you'll have to post it!
Post a Comment