Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving done....Bring on Christmas

Since there was not alot of stuff to do on Thanksgiving, and the girls and I sometimes feel bored in the house with nothing to do I figured Thanksgiving would be a great day to start decorating for Christmas. The girls had a great time decorating the tree. Although, there really only was a small spot where they put ALL the ornaments and the rest of the tree was bare so we had to do a little re-working of the ornaments.



We also, and again by we, I mean Simon decorated outside with the lights and wreaths. Simon had the great luck of having my mother to help. She loves projects. Usually ones that require tools. And anything that involves her being a project manager. So Simon was ready for the task. They didn't managed to kill each other and my mom didn't nearly have to be rushed to the hospital like last year when she fell down the ladder. (Thankfully we got the hospital trip out of our system on Wednesday before Thanksgiving) But that is a whole other post for another day.



I really wanted to put inflatables in the front yard. Not that I am a huge fan of them. Because I really am not, but, if you want to see a child's eye's light up with the wonder of Christmas put one of those in front of them. Simon refuses. And I kind of am torn. He says we will just have to keep taking them to Lowe's to look at their displays and for long car rides. We do live in Michigan where yard art is really not that hard to find. So anyway.



Simon had Ruthie to help once she woke up from her nap too! In true Simon fashion the first night of lighting the house up, a bunch of strands didn't work, so of course he stressed over it for a good 12 hours and then got them to work today. So here are the beautiful pictures of our decorated house. Somewhat hard to see since of course the picture had to be taken in the dark and then the snow also didn't help. I had to take the picture far enough back so that you could see all the hard work. I didn't want to leave one strand of lights out. You know..."All the neighbors will drive by and look and see what a bad job, we did if we can't get all our lights to work". You can't really see the beautiful greenery around the garage lights with large bows Gammy made and my christmas trees at the front door with a sled also decorated by a festive arrangement a la Gammy. You will have to use your imagination. Maybe I will take some ictures of them in the light. They are too cute to leave out and other than our neighbors not many people will get to enjoy them.

2 comments:

debi g said...

i want to see pictures of the tree! did i tell you that we got a tree this year? it is fake, but looks kind of real. ben doesn't want to decorate it until december, he says it is still too early. i might just put it up myself. (he didn't really go for the suggestion of just having blue or silver ornaments either... sigh)

lauren and brad said...

excellent work simon! the house looks awesome!