Friday, November 9, 2007

Totally Awesome

So, I find it interesting that people love to say to little kids.."Hi, How are you?" Picture it in your head, you are in the grocery store and there is a little 1 or 2 year old and you say in your most high pitched voice "Hi, How are you?" How many of you actually get a response from a little kid. Most of the time they look at you as if you just asked them if they eat liver sandwiches for lunch. So, since I talk to the girls as if they are my girlfriends not just babies we talk about appropriate responses to said questions. I know, seriously they are 1 and 2 but I am proud of their manners. I think it is a good thing that people are amazed that my 1 year old says "Thank You" anytime you give her anything, and sometimes just for changing her diaper. But back to the "how are you questions" we talk about responses to questions. Ruthie used to like to say "Super" and when Ruthie says to Lulu over a pretend tea party...."Lulu, how are you today, she ponders and replies..."Good". So today as Ruthie was walking down stairs from her 2 1/2 hour mid-afternoon nap, hair sticking straight up and all disheveled, I casually ask her "How was your nap" and her reply......"TOTALLY AWESOME"


What is not totally awesome about a cool, gray, fall day and a mid afternoon nap. Sometimes it is the little things.


This picture was taken on the way back from Cleveland after another one of her naps.

I like to call this.....Something about Ruthie.

3 comments:

debi g said...

love that she says "thank you" when you change her diaper!
my friend taught her kids to say "thank you" and shake your hand... that would be really strange to have a child do after changing a diaper!

Leslie said...

I only wish my hair looked as good when I awoke from a nap.

trish said...

that is adorable! they sound like wonderful kids :)