Simon woke up with the girls this morning and let me sleep in until 7am. The girls were out of sorts from the moment their eyes opened. Ruthie had a massive meltdown over not being able to push the butons on the microwave for her pancakes. I mean, alligator tears sobbing. When she finally came up for air all she could get out between sobs was "I....Need.......My......Gammy" Lulu refused to get in her highchair for breakfast and when she finally sat down she determined that Bananas should be thrown across the kitchen and that Pancakes should go in her hair. This all happened in a matter of 5 seconds. Simon looks at me and say's I think this is blog worthy. They are not always cute and cuddly. And that is true. I like to celebrate the positive but here is the harsh reality. Some mornings are better than others. I turned to Simon in the middle of the chaos and literally offered him $100 if he would switch places with me. He just laughed and said, I'll see you later.
I know that Ruthie and Lulu are having a difficult time this morning as they spent the last 5 days having their special time with their Gammy in the morning as she gets up with them and lets us sleep in.
Nobody misses their Gammy more than me. If she was here I could go back to bed and I wouldn't even be out $100.

2 comments:
those pictures are so very cute! they kind of look like "thing 1 and thing 2" from "the cat in the hat." i guess they can cause as much chaos as those two characters as well.
OH, i am soooo looking forward to those days! ha!
Post a Comment