Friday, May 7, 2010

TGIF

Been way to long since my last post. Having no computer really makes it hard to post.

Updates....

* We had an AMAZING camp weekend with old friends in NJ. We drove to Ohio dropped off the kids, then drove to NJ.

* We calculated almost 30 hours in the car over a 5 day period. While we needed to have a car to do all we did, that was obscene and I am just now starting to feel human after that trip.

* The consumption combined with all the driving... (NOT AT THE SAME TIME) could have something to do with the exhaustion too! Not alot of sleep occurred.

* The drive out Simon and I didn't listen to any music and talked over 8 hours. I love being married to my best friend. I guess it was good to talk in the car because once we were with all our old friends, I felt like I never even saw him the entire weekend.

* The weekend was all about my great roommate/friend Ken. I think he as surprised and had tons of fun.

* Mary Cay hosted all of us crazy cats and she once again proved why she totally is "Julie the cruise director". Simon and I both laughed we were so busy catching up with everyone, we kept laughing going....where did this food come from it would always just appear. We really felt like we were on vacation. Next time we promise to help a little.

* Our friends Vicki and Tony surprised at Mary Cay's. What a treat. Great as always to see them. I just don't think they had any idea all the camp faces they were going to see!

* Erin said the party was like "speed dating" and that was the best way to describe it. You wanted to catch up with everyone and yet you didn't have time to talk and it was loud and everyone was telling stories. I felt like I didn't get enough time to talk to everyone properly.

* Chris passed me a note through someone else that said... "meet me in the front yard at 7:30 BYOB" that pretty much sums it up. If you wanted to talk to someone you had to make an appointment.

* We got to meet Debi's little baby Adam. He is super cute. I was afraid to hold him cuz I thought maybe babies were contagious.

* I literally took 5 pictures of camp. I was so bummed. I really wished I had some great black and whites to hang in our house. Maybe next time.

* The five pictures I did take.....4 pictures of the Camp sign....... And 1 picture of Kens Butt. Some things never change.

3 comments:

debi g said...

i am totally laughing at this post! it was like speed dating!!! MC rocks and i loved her home. so peaceful out there. it was soooooo great to see you and simon again. and i don't think that there is a need to post a pic of ken's butt. but please post the pics of camp and i'll send you the pictures that i have.

and... it is not contagious!

lauren and brad said...

Reunion!!!! Awesome!

MC said...

Speed dating totally sums it up - there was not enough time to catch up with everyone. It was great to see everyone!