Saturday, April 24, 2010

Class of 2023


Ruthie had Kindergarten roundup the other night. She loved it. She has been ready for school since her 3rd birthday when we drove by a school bus and she said "turn around they are probably going to our house to pick me up since I am 3!"


The parents go to a parents meeting in the gym and the kids are sent to the different classrooms. They colored, and went and saw the bus (which after the motion sickness fiasco of Disney we will not be riding). The teacher's aide mentioned to me that "Ruthie was MORE than ready" for Kindergarten.


My hope for her is that she has fun, learns a thing or 2, and makes some good friends!


At the meeting one of the speakers gave a speech and welcomed the class of 2023. That gave me chills.



** Another thing about learning something new everyday about your husband. I told him that gave me chills and I was all sentimental. He was like what are you talking about? Apparently that is not something they do in England, refer to classes by their graduating year. The American school system is going to be a drastic change for Simon.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture of Ruthie. Class of 2023, that sounds so weird. I love that girl! Andrea

devon lorraine ... said...

so how would those crazy english folks refer to the class of 2023 then??