
Lucy put on all her jewels, her favorite skirt and had on her purse with the doggie in it, and asked me.... "Mama, can you babysit my baby while I go to my meeting?"
I guess that is the interesting part of my life as a stay at home mom. I go to the gym, but I bring them and they go to the childwatch. Other than that I NEVER leave. I am always here 24/7. The thing I tend to do on my own without the girls is go to meetings. Ruthie has colored me pictures and told me I could take them with me to my meetings. I tend to have to get sitters while I go to meetings if they are a lunch meeting, or if it is at night while Simon is traveling I have to get a sitter.
They know that daddy works and have been to his work, knows he does great stuff with the youth of today, has a beautiful campus, we even go to their church services and bike rides when the weather is nice. Yet, they can't seem to wrap their heads around my meetings.
While, I am sure that many of my groups would not mind having my girls come "visit". I am sure the girls would be bored and it wouldn't do it justice. So for the time being while they "play" meetings... I will try to not let it drive me crazy. I will just find comfort in the fact that alot of what I am involved in is making just as much of a difference as Simon, I just don't get paid for it. I really don't know why it does, maybe cuz it sounds like I am going to a 12 step program meeting. *** Which is great, if people attend and go, just not what I am doing.
* Junior League, and the board for the JL, social committee for the club, now this new giving circle which will be giving grants to non-profits in our area, and my Triathlon Training group.
1 comment:
oh my gosh, lucy cracks me up. so did you babysit? did lulu say what kind of meeting SHE was going to?
Post a Comment