Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Soak up the sun.......


Actual First Day of School. I think I asked them who is ready for school?



Orientaion Ruthie


















Lulu orientation









The last week of Summer, after my race, flew by and I didn't post because we were trying to soak up the sun....... (take it away Sheryl Crow). The girls had orientation last week. For orientation the parents bring the child to school for the first 45 minutes you are with your child and then the next 45 minutes you leave your child and go into another room for a parent meeting. We took Ruthie on Wednesday and Lulu on Thursday. So, Lulu totally started crying when we left her halfway through. Which just made me feel horrible. She was so lost. Ruthie was totally fine. I think she is going to tell the teacher how to run her classroom. Her best friend at school is in her class again and I would be afraid if I were their teacher.

The first day of school they were so excited and this was the first day they got to go together and be dropped off. Of course they are in different classes but I think they fell there is safety in numbers. I had a pit in my stomach about Lulu but was so positive and strong for her. And they both jumped out of the car so excited. Lulu did her nervous smile, look down and I just started to lose it. I am not the emotional one at all but she was too cute. When I came to pick them up Lulu was on fire! She couldn't stop talking about how much fun she had and wanted to show me everything she did! She even was a little bit sad today when we dropped Ruthie off and it wasn't her turn. Ruthie goes Monday - Thursday. Lulu only goes Tuesday/Thursday.


So fingers crossed for tomorrow.




Waiting in the car for the first day/

No comments: