
I started the previous post about my race and it turned more into writing down every last detail of the race so I wouldn't forget.
This post is more about the amazing family and friends I have. I was so blessed with an entourage of friends and family cheering me on for the race and it was such a wonderful feeling!
From the many phone calls, emails, facebook message from friends near and far to the MANY people that came to the race. It truly was overwhelming!
My friend Kelly sent me a bouquet that was entitled "Make Lemonade" the card she wrote was so sweet, mentioning that the road to this race was not always great but I have always been her friend that makes Lemonade out of my lemons and she was so proud of me!
My mom, Bridget and Jennifer came for the entire weekend. It as always is so awesome having them here. My wonderful neighbors the Auton's came to the race. I am pretty sure we have convinced Rod to race next year. (Simon may have to commit to doing it but Rod says he is in).

Awesome camp friends Debi, Leslie and Devon surprised me at the finish line!!!!! Such huge sneaks! Apparently they contacted Simon awhile ago making plans to come to the race. So amazing to see them. Debi from NEW JERSEY was my camp roommate from many years ago, I caught up with Devon a few months ago when I was in Chicago and Leslie flew all the way from CALIFORNIA! These girls are awesome, made their own t-shirts in support and everything! They woke up at 4am drove from Chicago and miraculously made it to my race. Apparently Devon only printed directions to Michigan and they thought they would wing it the rest of the way! I think we have officially scared them off of suburbia, children, and all things midwest. But I hope they got a full taste of life in Michigan!
We planned a huge cookout with neighbors and friends for Saturday night and ended up having it inside due to the horrible weather. So there was about 20 people in our house for dinner on Saturday night. A couple of my neighbors gave me a bottle of champagne and a 1 hour massage for a congratulatory gift and I am SO looking forward to using that!
I really was just so touched by all the love and support I received from friends near and far! It was a bit overwhelming.
I promise that this is not the end of my career. I really am looking at doing an Olympic Distance race next summer! I have alot of people inspired to compete in the race I just did too! I am so excited to do this again and most importantly have something I really enjoy!
2 comments:
You have amazing friends and family because YOU are amazing and deserve every bit of support you received. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU MOLLY!
i got your sweet thank you note!! loved meeting your hilarious and adorable friends/family, meeting the girls, and seeing you + simon in full family swing!
Post a Comment