One of the most amazing things about Lulu is her love of sleeping. My wish for all parents is to have a Lulu. She LOVES, LOVES, LOVES to sleep (attn: non-child readers, that is HUGE. Most kids aren't big fans). By loving to sleep these things have occurred multiple times.
She continually puts herself to bed. She will say she wants to go to her room and play, and you will go up and find her asleep in her bed.
She was the only child that I ever know of that had to be stopped from always climbing into her bed to sleep, as opposed to most kids who climb out.
When she was little if I tried to stretch out her naps, she wouldn't have anything to do with it, and would just go upstairs and climb into bed and fall asleep.
She would never want you to read to her, the moment she went up to her room she would beg to get into bed, and then all but order you out of the room.
She is hysterical. I know she got her love for sleep from the both of us. The other thing is does not like is to cuddle..... You go up to her room, try to put her to bed and want to snuggle, it is nothing for her to say.... "um, you have to get out of my bed now, goodnight"
Today the girls were playing outside with the neighborhood kids and it hit a point where everyone was starting to get a little testy... So I said, "Why don't we all go home and go to bed for the day if we all can't get along" And Lulu yells YAY!!!! and throws her hands into the air. She is sooo funny.
So later on we went home and I told the girls we could have a snack and some quiet time. Lulu says she is going upstairs to change, haven't heard from her for a few minutes so I go up to check on her and this is what I see......
The other night we went to dinner and had our babysitter over. When we got home Lulu had only been in bed for a little over an hour. Of course she went to bed in her bed. We put her crib mattress next to her bed at night in case she falls out. (I know that they make gates, but I have already broken 1 and I thought she would grown out of falling out of her bed.) I am talking to Andrea, and Simon goes to check on the girls. He comes down and says, go check on the girls and bring a camera. This is what I see.
4 comments:
Is Lulu available to give lessons? What I wouldn't give to have just one child sleep on a regular basis!!
i want a lulu. we're soulmates.
i can use some lulu lessons! i am so bad about staying up past my bedtime and then being cranky. and is she falling out of her bed or just chooses to sleep near it instead of in it?
the photos are precious! i cherish my sleep as well, although i never seem to get enough of it :) lulu, you are the best.
Post a Comment