Thursday, June 11, 2009

Here is the thing............


Secret is out..... (And no I AM NOT PREGNANT). I am going to compete in my first Triathlon. I am totally pumped nervous, excited, scared, afraid, determined....just to say a few.


I have been thinking about this for a while. I love to swim, I am ok on a bike, and I don't like to run unless someone is chasing me with a sharp object, that could cause me to bleed, BAD. When I was a working girl I loved to set goals, make lists, and work hard for something. Nowadays, it feels like the goals that I have been setting are.....


GOALS

Seeing how many days I can go without showering (the answer is 3, then things turn pretty, well you get my drift...)

Getting out of my pajamas (hello, why would I want to ruin my nice things, and jammies are so perfect for this line of work)

Actually how many beers can I drink in a 24 hour period....(No comment)

Having my girls use good manners on a regular basis (Feeling pretty good about this one)

Taking tons of pictures, updating blog, uploading pictures to snapfish (Just finished putting Ruthie's 3 year pics and Lulu's 2 yr pics in an album, getting there)


LISTS

Home repairs

Grocery Lists

Target Lists

Lowes Lists

Appt Lists (doctor, dentist, etc. for all 4 of us)


So you can see where I am going with this. I love my life, I love my Team. I am the happiest person ever. But I just need to set a new goal for me. I need to show my girls determination, healthy attitude and setting goals. We have been loyal members at the gym since we moved here, but this is something different. The girls love to go to the child watch, they have an indoor pool and I really have no excuse.


Hence the Triathlon.


I have been on the plan for a couple of weeks and I am kicking butt and taking names! I have been running (slowly but getting there). Biking, and swimming.


Training program looks like this:


Sunday: Run outside, long run

Monday: Cardio Weight lifting (and am going to add in swimming)

Tuesday: Run treadmill - (bike soon to be added on this day)

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: Swim

Friday: Bike

Saturday: Rest (for now)


So today...biggest victory!!!!! 2000 yards that was 80 lengths of the 25 yard pool. I told myself on the way to the Y today that I wasn't getting out of the pool until I finished it. Started out with 500 yards freestyle, then 500 yards using kickboard only using legs, then 500 yards with the pull buoy only using arms freestyle, then 500 yards freestyle. It took me about 40 minutes but I was totally AWESOME!!!!! And I only nearly puked at 1700 yards. Then when it was over I almost felt like I could continue. Until I got out of the pool and was a little loopy. But I DID IT! TAKE THAT Triathlon! I am going to start mixing it up and do 2 activities on 1 day pretty soon so that my legs get used to the transition but I know it is going to be a long summer but I KNOW I CAN DO THIS.



So, Bring it August 29th. I can do this. It is going to be Awesome. But all this strenuous activity is making my brain a little crazy.... So good thing I still make those lists. The goals are still going strong. Still in my CLEAN workout/pajama (could almost be considered pajamas) outfit I wore to the Y, SHOWERED and then put them back on. Although, I am probably going to take the summer off of the beer goal. Don't want it to interfere with my workouts!


Look at me being a grown up!





9 comments:

debi g said...

OF COURSE you can do this! congratz on being committed to the triathalon! you are an inspiration in so many ways (mother, wife, friend, and now triathlete!)

devon lorraine ... said...

so impressed!! i was just talking with a girl in my gym class about triathlons and how they're totally hard-core.

maybe one day ... one day ... i might be cool like you.

Lauren, Jamie, and Rhys said...

WOW I'm wicked impressed. You will so do this.. just imagine the look on your families face as you cross that finish line..Good Luck and keep us updated!!

Anonymous said...

YEAH Molly! Congratulations!

Andrea

Erin said...

Way to go Molly!! I know you will do great!!

lauren and brad said...

Are you kidding me? This is insane, crazy, and so awesome! I am so proud of you, so inspired by you, and am ROOTIN' you on!!! Go Molly!

mary cay said...

You rock! And you will do awesome...and after the race you can kick back and have a few beers with your pjs on!

trish said...

this is awesome! you must keep us posted on your training progress, i am so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

I'm totally impressed with you!

RUN, Molly, RUN!