Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dependency Issues - - Yeah, right!


Ruthie's First Day of Preschool was last week. The parents go with the kids get them comfortable then leave the area for a parent meeting and paperwork, then come back and take their kids.

Ruthie was totally fine. Loved playing every game, and riding all the bikes. Simon however was a total fatality. Tearing up before we left, taking tons of pictures. I even think he cried himself all the way to work when it was over. There I am thinking he is a total wuss and he needs to get it together.








Yesterday I had to take her for the official...."Drop her off and Leave for 2.5 hours then come back and pick her up first day".


I teared up!


I can't remember if it was when we pulled up to the drop off line and she was absolutely giddy, kicking her legs and smiling from ear to ear. The teacher comes to the car and Ruthie was all "HEY! Mrs. Dolbee check out my cool backpack" And she says "are you ready to have fun?" and Ruthie's reply as she is jumping out of the car......."YEA!!!!" Runs off into school. never turning back, as if my sheer pressence was totally embarrasing her.


OR


When I picked her up and she skips to the car with the teacher and the teacher puts her in the car and says..."Ruthie had such a great day" we start to pull away and she says to me....."I don't want to go home, I want to stay there forever"



At least I still have the dude who will have to be surgically removed in order to attend school. Surgically removed from Simon that is....... I am totally seeing a pattern here.









6 comments:

debi g said...

my friend's pre-K teacher had a day to get the parents ready for the separation... i'm so thankful that i have to rely on one day in the future when i have to go through all this!

devon lorraine ... said...

i think i like the way they make it a gradual process. ruthie looks adorable, by the way!

Erin said...

amelia will also have to be surgically removed and will probably be heard wailing all the way in the parking lot. A welcome sound for all others attending preschool :)

debi g said...

i meant to write "i am so glad that i have YOU to rely on one day..."

trish said...

oh my goodness, how exciting! that is awesome she loves it :)

lauren and brad said...

oh molly! what a huge week for you guys! i'm so proud of you and ruthie and simon!!!! now the question is, how is the dude handling no having ruthie? or is it more like getting mommy all to herself?