I am proud to report at the ripe old, old, age of 3 years and 5 months Ruthie is now riding her bike without training wheels.
The transition took about 5 seconds and it was painless for Ruthie and a real emotional one for Simon.
I told Ruthie that I think today we will see if we can ride without trainig wheels. She gets all her knee pads, elbow pads and is preparing for the worst. I take the training wheels off her bike. She jumps on and Simon says "Go get the camera, I have been dreaming about this day forever. I will go run her up and down the street." I turn around to get the camera and turn back to find this occurring. Sorry it is shaky. Gammy is dying to see the video.
I know, I don't need to point this out but for Simon's sake I will. He gets her on her bike, she starts to pedal. He lets go, and that is the end of his "running up and down the street daydream." I won't mention the tears shed. She never looked back and is crazy riding up and down the street like she has been doing it for years. I mean, stopping, starting, getting on, and off. No help needed for this pro. I just wished we would have done this sooner.
Also, this video was taken after I was running to catch up and listen for her little....."I'm doing it!" at the end. Too Cute!
6 comments:
brought tears to my eyes! tour de france here she comes!
uh...why was that so cool to hear simon saying "daddy's got you! daddy's got you!" did you know that simon's voice was my first connection to cayuga? he did my phone interview and i just remember thinking if everyone @ camp was as cool as this guy sounded, i was totally in. who knew 8 years later, i'd be watching a video of his oldest daughter's first bike ride, huh?
having a moment here!! :)
p.s. i haven't yet used a flip camera, but talk about a great holiday gift idea for yourself or the hubs! the girls are doing so much lately.
ditto for me!
YAY Ruthie!! Great job you guys!
awww, i even feel like a proud mum to watch this, it's amazing how these milestones are so much easier to capture and share now! I mean back when i learned to ride a bike, i'm pretty sure our video camera required carrying an entire VCR and another component in 2 massive leather pouches, plus a huge external light. And yeah, I'm totally serious. With moments like this you guys will be able to show a full Ruthie + Lucy film fest to their future boyfriends. I love seeing them growing up!
ps. totally also had a moment hearing simon's voice - he must have done a million phone interviews that summer. Probably the one 5am phone call i really didn't mind, all these years later look where we are now! aww camp :)
ok. ruthie saying "i'm doing it." was sweet enough...but even sweeter was hearing simon say, "daddays gotchoo" in that british accent! I LOVE IT!
Post a Comment