Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Apology

As it turns out the homemade Mother's Day card's we made for my mom did not arrive on time. We thought, homemade cards were the way to go since we couldn't find any that we liked at the store also, we just weren't on the ball this year. Although we did pay for priority shipping to get them there on time but anyhoo. It got me to thinking, there is alot to apologize for on this Mother's Day.....................

1. MOM, I am sorry for the time when I was 3 and you said "no" to something and I marched upstairs pulled my pants down and urinated in the middle of your bed. I know that I did not prove anything more than, I was a handful at age 3 and you were strong in sticking to your guns.

2. I am sorry for sweeping the dirt under the rug instead of into the dustpan when I was doing chores for the many years I was in charge of cleaning the kitchen after dinner. I know that you probably knew that is what I was doing and that I was too lazy and didn't quite understand how annoying a pile of dirt under the rug could really drive a mother to drink.

3. I am sorry for accusing you of not caring about me and for not wanting me to have any friends when you would not let me go ice skating on a frozen pond in the back of my friends house in the winter when I was 12. While I was sure that the ice was extremely thick and you knew it was not the best idea and was willing to be accused of all the bad things I thought or said about you in the name of love.

4. I am sorry for always asking for the keys immediately when you came home instead of asking how your day was or how you were doing instead, selfishly asking for keys and flying out the door to hang out with oh so important friends.

5. I am sorry for getting annoyed with you for always aksing me where I was going and who I was going out with. As I was sure that you were just trying to be nosey instead of always worrying.

6. I am sorry for sleep walking into your room when I was 17 and peeing on your floor while you were sleeping. (Is there a theme here?) I could have sworn I was in the bathroom. I know that in the moment I swore I had heat stroke or some brilliant excuse. I may have had more than the 2 beers I claimed I had. Thanks for not grounding me and believeing my story.

7. I am sorry for not coming home to visit alot during college. And when I did come to visit, for bringing home piles of laundry. I really thought you liked doing laundry but I have realized that is not really the case for anyone.

8. Sorry for the many Emergency room visits throughout the years. Whether it was a broken arm on my sister's Katie's birthday, or major stomach pains on Christmas Eve, with a the doctor being so embarassing it is even too traumatic for me to put in print. You took everything in stride and I don't know that I could stay so calm.

9. I am sorry for not being able to articulate my feelings at times and for things to come out the wrong way or to be taken out of context. I have nothing but the utmost respect, love, and admiration for everything that you have done for me, my siblings and now my own family.

10. I am sorry for not coming to visit more than I should. If it were up to me and the rest of Team Bisson we would be there everyday, but things get in the way. Know that we think about our precious Gammy all the time and love and miss you tons and hope that we get to see you more soon.

All my love,
Molly

3 comments:

Sue McGann said...

vsymjdMolly,
I love you from the bottom of my heart. No apology needed, but thanks for all the wonderful thoughts, oh yes I will take the apology for using my bed as a bathroom not once but twice!
You are proof that all my hard work was worth it. You are an awesome daughter and even a better MOM.

debi g said...

you are so sweet to write that to your mom! i can only imagine what ruthie's and lulu's will say in 25+ years....

lauren and brad said...

that was amazing.

hilarious to imagine you as a teen. hehe. as my mom always says to me, "paybacks will be hell." oh dear.