Some may say that I get frustrated with our dog.
That is certainly not the case. I adore Guernsey. He is 95 lbs of pure labrador retriever, the kind of intelligence you just can't teach, you have to be born with. Like, figuring out how to open the cupboard door and get down the syrup because it smells "oh so good" and squirting it all over the house because that seems like an intelligent thing to do.
Or perhaps the self adoration that one has with their own smell and thinks that absolutely everyone needs to share in this experience and needs to adore the smell of me, ie breathe, ass, etc.
Or another fine example is the way that he is so coordinated that when the mere word's "time out" is uttered in this house he has subconsiously switched it with "treat" and jumps to attention and starts dancing all around you like he is trying out to be a backup dancer for a Britney Spear's video. Now, not only do you get the pleasure of dealing with a 2 or 3 year old that is in a punishment situation (so obviously not at their best) but you also get a K-Fed wanna be kicking it old school all around you and then you find yourself even more excited about your current situtaion as not only the enforcer of the rules but a judge of a reality tv show for backup dancing dogs.
And finally last but certainly not least, he has such an amazing voice. I especially LOVE when I have had an exhausting day, I climb into bed and lay there for 5 minutes and then have to put a pillow over my head to drown out the "singing" from a one Guernsey the wonder dog. His singing is so powerful that he most certainly would be able to take wallpaper off the walls if we had it. If you are able to fall asleep with the mind numbing songs coming from him, not to worry, if you wake up in the middle of the night you always have a chance to listen to it again. And as an added bonus he is asleep in the other room right now in the middle of the afternoon and I was wondering how a train got derailed and is headed straight for our house.
I absolutely LOVE Guernsey.
5 comments:
but he does love you unconditionally!
you are so freakin' hilarious! you should write for a profession because you have a knack for making me spew my morning tea all over the computer screen.
we have a yellow lab and i totally get the singing thing. ugh.
this is hilarious!!! You should totally record a video of Guernsey singing and dancing and post it to your blog, I don't think I've ever heard a lab sing!!! (Our dogs do this horribly high pitched squeal though when the want to play with their Chuck-it, thank god they're outside dogs.)
Aww...gotta love Labs! Cooper doesn't sing or dance but he does love the smell of his butt!!
oh my gosh this post made me laugh so hard :)
Post a Comment