This weekend was Ruthie's first soccer game ever. Simon is the coach of the team and the league is made up of 3-4 year olds but Ruthie's friend Andie who is 5 is on our team so I am thinking that some parents play their kids down an age bracket. Since Ruthie seemed like she was one of the youngest ones out there.
She was all excited in her shin guards and cleats and was raring to go before the game started. Once the game started and the organized chaos began she was a little overwhelmed. Her friend David was on the other team so she thought she could just hang out with them.
Lulu had a horrible time. She is so attached to her daddy that when in his pressence she acts as if I am a monster and she needs to yell and scream and carry on. She was hysterical, and by hysterical I mean.....Game stopping, someone is cutting my legs off with a chainsaw, get my mother away from me, I WANT MY DADDY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hysterical. So bad, I had to leave and take her for a ride because I think we were starting to worry the onlookers and the case of hives that she gave herself was starting to become an eye sore. Unfortunately I may have to get a babysitter for the next game if I want to watch Ruthie play.
So of course once I left which was only 5 minutes into the game Ruthie let her true colors shine. She decided when game play stopped to go to center field and lift her shirt up for everybody! That's my girl! When the going gets tough, you lift up your shirt. Simon was trying to coax her into pulling it down. Luckily our neighbor snapped a photo of Ruthie before Simon realized what was happening.
5 comments:
what do you think the chances are of your kids being on AFV? I think it entirely possible!! Especially with the shirt lifting and the hanging out with the other team. My fave is the little boy whose fro is larger than his torso. I want to keep him.
Maybe you can bring a special-only-get-to-have-it-while-watching-her-sis-play-soccer activity for Lu to do while on the sidelines? Or make her run laps or something.
watching little kids play any sort of "organized" sport is hysterical! my sister used to pick the dandilions and give them to the other team. i think that ruthie was just trying to be like david beckham by playing without a shirt on.
my friend told me that after his son's game (2 year olds), the coach was bombarded by parents asking for their "talented" kids to be moved up to the 4 year old division... glad to know this sort of stuff is not just for math classes. ha ha.
I guess lifting things up runs in the family. I remember someone always lifting up a certain apron she was wearing behind the bar at the fireside!!!
Classic pics.
v. cute that simon has the patience to coach 3-4 year-old soccer!
i learned how to do those cartwheel round-offs playing full back when i was five.
i also practiced cartwheels and roundoffs when i played soccer...i think that was the last year for that before dance full time :)
Post a Comment