I know you may think that this picture was taken in January but you are wrong.... oh so wrong! This picture was taken on Good Friday. We had a foot and a half of snow fall in less than 12 hours and it kinda made the Easter Weekend feel like Christmas.
We had a fabulous weekend. Gammy came on Thursday with Dan and the girls were so excited. We had some fabulous meals, played alot and Simon and I had a date night. We went out for dinner on Friday night in the middle of the blizzard. Seriuolsy the cardinal rule of parenting.....YOU NEVER REFUSE FREE CHILD CARE..... Simon called the club to see if they were still open and we went for it and had a fabulous meal and were welcomed when we came home with the news that Ruthie had a stomach bug. The only glitch of the weekend, it took her down for about 24 hours, and she was a trooper. I put the air mattress in her room and we had a sick girl sleep over. So fun right?
We colored eggs on Saturday night and even fit in a game of trivial pursuit. Easter was great, the girls were as good as they could be for an hour and 40 minutes in a packed church. They loved their easter baskets (candy free - they got puzzles and Ruthie got sidewalk chalk her favorite and Lulu got new princess slippers) and we even had an easter egg (eggs with candy in them)hunt in the basement. After Church we had a huge brunch at our house and invited our neighbors over.
The weekend was so awesome it felt like I was on vacation but didn't have to pack or leave my house and get adjusted to a hotel bed. No, don't get me wrong I would love a cabana boy and a nice beach but what does it say when I say that this past weekend was a very close second. I love my family so much and truly had a wonderful time. 
1 comment:
happy week late easter! i miss coloring eggs, we used to do it with our neighbors when we were younger and then go on a massive easter egg hunt... but then couldn't eat the candy for a few days b/c it usually falls during passover. looks like a great time!
Post a Comment