Sunday, May 3, 2009

Way To Go Abby


My good friend and trainer Abby was in a figure competition in Grand Rapids yesterday. She did totally awesome and took 4th place. My other friend Kris and I drove up to see her and cheer her on at the competition.


Abby is amazing, she has not given up on me when I feel like at times, I have given up on myself. She is motivating, determined, and extremely focused. She is a true inspiration.




What an experience. I was so fascinated by this competition. At first the curtain opens and there are literally 90 body builders/figure competitors on stage and 1 by 1 they all come up front and center and pose. Then they break them down by classes and they come back out strut their stuff and then they announce the places. We did not have fabulous seats, being new to this whole thing we realized we need to pay for the premier seats to get a great view of the muscles.




Definitely something I never thought I would do in my life, and what a true experience. All crazy fat jokes (and listen there were plenty between Kris and I, about ourselves and no one else). Let's just say, I asked Simon before we went if people might think I was in the competition and he laughed so hard. I think that we were off to a bad start when we stopped at the gas station for combo's, corn chips, and pop, to eat on the way up. Oh well like I said, Abby has not given up on me, when sometimes I have given up myself.

2 comments:

devon lorraine ... said...

congratulations to your friend! (btw did she work at camp, b/c i seem to remember that there was an abby there the year i was there (but i didn't know her), or is she a non-camp friend?)

i have read her blog a few times, and what she has done has taken a lot of dedication! certainly admirable!

debi g said...

holy cow! that is amazing/crazy. i admire anyone that has that much dedication to anything!