Sunday, May 3, 2009

Welcome Home Daddy and Quitters.......


Simon was out of town for a whole week. We were lucky enough to have my bff Kelly from Cleveland visit with her 2 kids for 3 days. So wonderful to put the kids to bed, get our pajamas on and just talk the night away.

Sidenote: I don't know if Kelly's husband Justin can officially take credit for the term "quitter".

Definition of a "quitter" - mom that lives in sweatpants, may or may not shower regularly, has given up on makeup and certainly most, to all grooming practices. And generally has lost all ambition. Many times I find myself calling Kelly and just declaring...."Today I am a qiutter" or "I have been a quitter for several days now."
By all accounts last week with Kelly may as well have been called a "Quitter Convention" because that is exactly what was on order! Loved every minute of it!
Back to the topic of the Post.


The girls love to do special things for daddy when he arrives home from a long trip. Who doesn't love coming home to a huge sign, and their favorite brownies?



3 comments:

debi g said...

then what do you call a woman who has no kids but dresses in her sweats all day and goes sans make-up/shower? (not that that has ever been me...)

marycay said...

Love debis comment! And even as the kids grow can I still be a quitter?? will it last until they are 18?? a quitter camp girls weekend would be so fun!

Leslie said...

i wanna be a quitter. i strive to be a quitter.