I have given this serious thought, and I have decided! I will be giving up Target and the Internet for Lent!
The Target removal is for many reasons. I honestly think I would be able to see a drastic change in my bank account if I just stopped going there for the next 40 days. I realized this leading up to my florida trip when I think i went there 4-5 days in a row! And everytime, it seems like it was for one thing and I came out with many more. Plus, it will really be a large sacrifice to give that up.
The other thing I am giving up is the internet. I know this one will be CRAZY difficult. And I will have to probably put up parameters of usage not just giving up cold turkey. Especially since I do all my bill paying and banking online. Certainly don't want to be delinquent, and have some of my utilites turned off, or anything like that. So I am thinking of perhaps a 1-2 hour increment of time ONCE A WEEK. That should leave enough time to get all bills, and things in order.
Also, the girls birthday's will be during this time. And since this blog is all about them, and documentation. I will have to allow for a few posts to commemorate their special days. I just think that, while this will be a very hard challenge. I know that I can do it. And that my family will benefit from this.
I love everyone and the withdraw I will go through from not seeing the daily updates will be insane, but this little experiment will hopefully help get more focus on our family. Find out what is absolutely necessary, and what we can live without. Like Obama just said in his speech, to "turn off the tv" well, the internet for me is way more time consuming than the tv. Simon has not bought into this, and is pretty bummed out, as he relies on this blog while he is traveling to see the kids and updates. SO, perhaps he can post things, or we can fit in mini-updates in my 1-2 hours of usage. I know that his travel schedule is crazy over the next month so, we may have a negotiation in the future! (check me out, I am already talking myself out of it) SO FICKLE!
Happy Lent everyone!
2 comments:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
sigh, good luck.
can we talk you out of this? maybe you could give up Target + sweets or something, ANYthing!? no blogging from Molly...ahhhhH!!
Post a Comment