Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Florida Vacation

Simon had a conference and some donor visits in Florida and is away for 9 days and it just worked out for me to meet up with him while he was at his conference in St. Pete's Beach for 4 nights and 5 days!

Picture taken from our beach cabana.


Gammy the great came to Michigan to stay with the girls and they were ecstatic! I could barely even get them to wave good-bye let alone give hugs or talk to me on the phone when I would call to check in. (honestly, I wouldn't want it any other way. Leaving with them crying or attached to me is never a good feeling)


I arrived and Simon picked me up from Tampa, we immediately hit the hotel restaurant and the pirate bar. So much fun. I can't even remember the time I stayed awake until after 11pm! We spent many hours on the beach on Saturday before Simon's meeting and we got MAJOR SUNBURN! We also rode jet ski's and saw dolphin's while we were out there riding! I kept waiting for the Loch Ness Monster to come up and swallow me whole! (remember, I am TOTALLY the worst case scenario girl!) But of course it wouldn't have been the Loch Ness Monster as much as it would have been The Gulf of Mexico Monster. It was pretty amazing riding around out in the golf. I kept freaking out when I would get the wave runner into the 30's. When Simon got off her was saying how he got up to 55 mph! Yowza!



Due to sunburn, we had to take a late afternoon trip to Nordstom. Doesn't everyone know that Norstrom cures sunburn? Well, we really had to stay out of the sun. Simon more than me, he has a problem with not being able to sit still so, after his meetings were done for the day, I figured we could hit the mall. He was borderline purple, not just red sunburn. Then, back to the bars, and hospitality suite for the conference. We also completed a pub crawl at our resort where they give you a passport and have you get a drink and get a stamp at all the bars and then you get a great t-shirt.




Simon huddled into the cabana and covering his sunburned legs.




Lastly, we watched the sunset, and had a fabulous dinner on my last night. Such a relaxing few days for me. I read plenty of magazines. Read a book cover to cover, took alot of naps on the beach. And hopefully it was good for Simon, even though he had to work! But hopefully since he is gone alot and always by himself, he enjoyed the company this time!


Beers at sunset.






Now back to reality. My mom had to take Ruthie to the Doctor this morning as she has Bronchitis! No sleep for me tonight as she can't stop coughing.

4 comments:

debi g said...

i love the beers at sunset. sounds like a great time (except for the kids being sick at home). a well deserved vacation for the two of you!

devon lorraine ... said...

sounds like an amazing time! i loved seeing the beach pictures --- did you know i was in st. pete's 3 times for work last year and never made it the sand even ONCE???

trish said...

so much fun!what a great vaca, i am insanely jealous of the beach and sunshine you were able to enjoy. (i always get sunburned too, and i am going to make sure i head directly to Nordstrom's next time for remedy :)

lauren and brad said...

Oh what a wonderful reconnection getaway! I'm so happy for you as you definitely needed it!!!! I hope Simon's burn gets better and if you are anything like me, have fun peeling it! :)