A bribe to get the girls to commit to moving was a new puppy. Literally I was at camp and was calling breeders. I got home from camp and the next day we went to pick out our new puppy that we couldn't take home for another 6 weeks. Thank goodness!
Our first dog was named Guernsey after the Channel Island where Simon grew up. We really tried to find a geographical name that had meaning and everyone settled on Jersey. Which is also a Channel Island but where Simon and I first lived, where we resided when we got married and lived happily and worked at camp for over 3 years. My vote was for "chief" or "Cayuga" but I don't really get a vote ironically since it is really Ruthie's dog so Jersey it is. I still call him Chief since he doesn't come when he is called at all. God I love that dog. Well I am supposed to anyway.
Our rental was nice with a fenced in backyard but really small a 1/3 of the size of the house we moved from Honestly. We were very near a busy street with no kids. Our kids were miserable. They couldn't just go out and ride their bikes like they were used to, and didn't have any friends, just starting at a new school. I thank Jersey everyday for giving the girls something positive to focus on. To keeping their mind and ours off of the elephant in the room and letting our family have something positive to rally around. For that he is the best thing to happen to our family.
Now, if he could please stop chewing everything, and I MEAN EVERYTHING.
**Look away now week stomach readers.
He likes to climb on the dining room table. And stand there and bark. Yes he is 70 pounds of puppy
He climbs on coffee tables, then throws whatever is up there onto the floor, lamps, picture frames, glasses of water.
We really should stop buying him treats because the boy loves a good crayon. He can smell them out a mile away. Find them in the couch, under a bed, anywhere and everywhere. Do you know how fun it is to clean up technicolor poop!
Hair rubber bands, As you know hair ties are everywhere especially in a house of 3 girls. So, today he had 3 hair rubberbands in 1 poop! He is amazing.
Every flip flop in the house has teeth marks in it.
Oh Polly Pockets. You know those rubbery people that have all sorts of clothes that you can change. He loves those to. He also successlly pooped out a polly pocket with her dress, coat, shoes and handbag all still intact.
He chewed the seam off the blanket and was in his crate, when I got home he had his head hung low and wouldn't look at me thinking I wouldn't see the thread coming out of his mouth. Well I pulled over 6 feet of string out of his mouth/stomach. And when I wa done he tried to wrestle me to eat it again.
He ate the cling on window St. Patty's day sign that we had on our door. It was fun picking up that poop while he was speeling out letters in his poop.
He is in a crate in our house unless we are out or he is in the yard. Man is he sneaky!
2 comments:
I have 2 words for you - SHOCK COLLAR! Our Lab is more than a Marley (oh the stories I could tell you, she ate 3 loaves of bread in a matter of a day, whatever was around she ate!), we used a private trainer, she knocked the trainer over...we were asked nicely not to return. Vet who would have to wrestle her down (that is after we came in the back door) suggested a shock collar, WOOHOO totally different dog, she can even be let out (i will probably jinx myself) of her crate and roam the house while we are gone....BEST investment ever! We have only had to really shock her once, most of the time the thing is not even charged but if I say I am going to get the clicker, she changes her behavior.
BAHH!!!!
p.s. glad you're backto blogging! while i've become super shotty at commenting on each post, know that i'm reading every one!!
Post a Comment