Friday, March 19, 2010

My shopping buddies


Oh my gosh, were they really this little?



Today was a wonderful day. Weird in a way. I had the most amazing fun day with my girls. I needed to go shopping for the girls summer stuff and I had to take them since I would need Ruthie who is so hard to shop for so she could try stuff on. With the closest mall being 25 mins away, it was easier to bring them with me, than to buy stuff, bring home, then return. The first store, we PILED our arms with clothes and away they go to the fitting room and they must have tried on about 100 different items. At that point they both had huge smiles on their faces and said they were having SO MUCH FUN!

***Funny side note, Lucy has decided she will not wear anything unless it has yellow, orange, or pink in it. She even went as far to pick out the brightest orange Keen's you ever did see. Great, may as well embrace it with her. Ruthie even picked out a few dresses!






Then off to the mall, we went and tried on more clothes, where we had even more fun. At one point Lucy says to me.... Mommy, shopping with you is SO MUCH FUN!





Off to the carousel for a ride and then McDonalds in the mall.





They were having the time of their lives, while this shopping trip was something I was dreading, they were the best sports and I had a huge smile on my face.


Yes I know, this is not exactly a great thing and I had huge fast forwards of when they are 16 and 17, but today was a wine and I am taking it and putting it in the WIN column. Check summer shopping off the list.

Thank goodness for friends and family coupons!


***** LUCY is hysterical. Not only did she have a great time last night after her shower we couldn't get her to put on anything other than her new clothes and yes my friends...... SHE SLEPT IN THEM!!!!!

3 comments:

tricia said...

how fun! i love that they had a blast-shopping is supposed to be fun, despite the craziness of it sometimes :) such a sweet day to spend with your girls.

debi g said...

shopping with mom should be fun! i love that she slept in her new clothes :)

MC said...

This is the fun part of having girls! and they are getting to that age when they enjoy shopping/expressing their individuality. Mollie is my shopping buddy, my girl has the "eye"! And when we come home we don't sleep in our clothes, we have a fashion show......