Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sunday Night Dinners



We have started a new tradition and that is picking out a recipe for Sunday night dinner and we all make it together. Last Sunday Ruthie picked a chicken on a stick recipe with mashed red skins.


The girls had a great time making dinner, and helping set the table, it took a good hour to make everything, I was exhausted and when we sat down to dinner, all that anyone did was complain that they didn't like the meal.


I sat there exhausted with tears in my eyes and said to Simon, "You can see why I always order pizza, they will eat it and it doesn't take so much time and energy". His response is they will eat it when they are really hungry.


So this Sunday came and Simon wanted Chicken Marsala. To the store, to get ingredients (Amanda, I soo wish I had you on speed dial. Can you believe they don't even sell marscapone cheese in our town?) Giada's recipe calls for marscapone cheese. That goodness for all recipes showing you how to make a substitute! And for good neighbors who look things up on the Internet for you while you are at the store, not knowing where to find Marsala wine, and cheese.





The girls again had a blast cooking, Lucy LOVES her some bread and butter and this meal was received so much better. Simon loved it wants it more, I thought it was good bud rather heavy, and the girls even enjoyed it!



I will give it another try this weekend.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

wow! that's some major undertaking to make chicken marsala without marsala wine! congrats on the effort and then the accomplishment, friend.