Monday, March 1, 2010

New Bikes


Simon and I got new bikes! SO exciting. I got a road bike for the 2 races I plan on doing next summer and I generally like road biking a ton better than mountain biking. Simon got a mountain bike. He has really been enjoying (in the summer) the trails at the nearby state park and has even taken Ruthie on the easy trails a few times. We really feel it is so important to show and experience healthy activities with the girls. I dream of taking a multi-day family bike trek through Vermont during the foliage. But that may take a few years.




Simon is the best person to buy a present for, if you get him clothes, say a shirt, he must try it on immediately, with every pair of pants he owns. Shoes same thing, he is rather funny and like a kid on Christmas with EVERY thing you get him. So, I was not surprised at all when we came home on Friday night from dinner out and the bikes were calling his name in the garage, I couldn't find him and there he was riding his bike in the garage since there was too much snow outside.


Reminds me of the infamous mini-van story.


While some people nest when they are pregnant, I shop. So there I was with a 11 month old baby, and a baby expected any day and I panicked, I needed automatic doors, couldn't live without them. Thus the mini-van was a must. Three days before Ruthie's 1st birthday and 4 days before Lucy's arrival, I went out and bought a mini-van, called Simon at work and said... "Umm, I traded in the Explorer, and bought a mini-van. I am driving it right now, can you swing by after work and sign the paperwork" Ohh, my husband soo loves me.


Anyhoo, we didn't really have a chance to fully check it out and get a great understanding of how it worked and all its function before Lucy arrived. So, we are home from the hospital for a day or 2, I need Simon for something and can't find him anywhere. I am yelling for him, have both the kids crying and I am trying to find my way, and he is nowhere to be found.


I finally found him in the garage in the 3 rd row seat of the mini-van watching a movie. He said, he wanted to see how good the TV was and would never get a chance to ride in the back of the car. Oh Simon.




I love him.


3 comments:

debi g said...

yay for new bikes! i remember how bummed you were to have to give back the one you used for the race.

every memory i have of you and simon just brings a smile to my face. you both are awesome.

Erin said...

Love the mini van story!!

lauren and brad said...

you two crack me up! you must love each other! brad would have DIED if I bought a car without him spending 100+ hours researching it on the internet. I would have DIED finding him in the car watching tv and not helping me with the screaming kids! You do make a great team! :)